Monday, April 19, 2010

Victoria's 2nd Quilt

Victoria just blows my mind!
Before I left, I showed Mom the colors I was doing in the baby's room. Victoria then looked through different patterns and then got my opinion as to the one I liked best.
She then spent the entire weekend, while Chris & I were in Vegas for the race, sewing away. She pretty much worked on it for 3 days straight and didn't want to do much of anything else - which left Christianna bored on more than one occasion!
When we got back, I asked if she got her homework finished and she gave me that "uh oh.." look. The conversation went something like this:
Mom: "Did you get all your homework done?"
Victoria: "Ummmm....no....but I just wanted to keep sewing the quilt!"
Grandma: "I understand honey (because many things are put aside when she is quilting)...but you should have been honest with me."
So a little honesty lesson was inserted here - but it was understood how badly she wanted to finish the quilt before we got back! She just loves to quilt!
She finished her homework - she did have most of it done though.
Then we got a picture of her passion!

I so love it!!!
All that is left is the back and we are hoping to have her spend time at Grandma's in June so she can get it all finished.

No comments: