Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chalk Art Festival

The chalk art festival was great this year, as usual.  We spent a good couple hours there being amazed by the various artists as well as enjoying a little bargain shopping (big sale at Bath & body Works) and delish twist ice cream cones.  I am including pics of the ones we really liked!

 Totally awesome!  We saw HAgrid & I made all the girls take a picture with him.  We had a friend of Victoria's, Kara, join us for the afternoon.  Geez, they all look like a bunch of hobbits next to him!



I really wish this was entirely in the shade-the colors were so much more vivid there.

This was one of my favorites!  There were even little pictures within the larger bubbles.



 Simply gorgeous!  The time & talents this took!!
 There was a band playing and Chris took Grant over to rest a little.  The girls went & played in the fountain area.  He is just so stinkin' adorable!!


 There was a HArry Potter theme throughout the entire festival...which I thought was great!  Beings that it was a festival to celebrate Foster Families - I thought it was quite fitting.
 This one tied with the bubble picture - it was simply amazing how detailed that painting of Washington was!  I wish we could have seen it finished...we had a ward BBQ we had to be back for. (I can't pass up a dinner I do not have to make.)




We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to attending next year.   I always want to come home, break out the chalks and get to work creating a masterpiece on our driveway...haven't done it yet...but I sure want to try it!!

No comments: