Thursday, October 9, 2008

A crazy road

We are in the house...kinda. Moving has been literally INSANE! Last weekend I was enjoying a fabulous Pampered Chef Director's retreat in Ogden Canyon & Chris got motivated. You heard that right: motivated. He decided to move out all the bedroom furniture and the couch & love seat. He asked his friend, Mike, to help him (poor guy - I wonder if he was promised treats or something because it took them forever Saturday night.) Chris also moved HIS shower stuff, HIS clothing. I got back Saturday around 5 to a rush of trips back and forth to get the stuff we would need to actually live there; basic things - like dishes, utensils, some food, our shower stuff, etc. I tend to think things through so I definitely would NOT have done it in that order. Then to top it all off - I realized, "Hey - It's Conference Weekend & everything we have to sit on is at the house, while the TV & stereo are back at the apartment." We ended up listening to the alarm clock radio in our bedroom for the first hour of the first session Sunday & rushed over to the apartment to watch the last hour on the TV while we camped out on the floor.

As I have shared this story with others, it has been pointed out each time that...
  • That was so great! He did that while you were gone!
  • Isn't that great?

Pretty much, how great he was for doing it while I was gone. SO I guess it is time to buck up & appreciate it. Appreciate the haste it created in my life. A quote comes to mind: "Your lack of planning doesn't make it my emergency."

P.S. I DO love him.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

You are too funny. I am the same way with Dallas (you may have noticed . . .). I get mad when he does not think of things to help out and I get mad if he does help out because he didn't do it the way I would have.

I am trying to get better. So don't worry, you are not alone.