Friday, March 20, 2009

World Music Benefit Concert


We had a great time Friday night! My very good friend, Kayla and her husband were putting on a benefit concert in Salt Lake. The girls and I headed over around 7. All the proceeds will be used in early April to put in two bore holes which will provide sanitary water in two remote villages in Ghana, Africa. This will help between 300-400 women and children in Alantaso and Krobidawisakyi villages get clean water! All means all too - all the performers donated their time, the place where it was held even donated it - so there was absolutely no overhead!

(One of the performances were a belly dancing group. One of my secret passions is to learn how to be a belly dancer and totally ROCK at it.)

I had talked with Kayla only a little about what they did - but after checking out their websites & the video - I am TOTALLY amazed!!! They are both amazing people & I am so glad to be counted as their friend!


I tried to download the video right onto my blog, but it wouldn't work right....So - Check out the YouTube Video about the projects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k3z_sjbTqc

Also, check out their website - there are African drums and other awesome stuff for sale to help the foundation and if you scroll down a little - it includes their personal story and their efforts in setting up their foundation.

No comments: