Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year we decided...and by "we" I mean "me"...that we would not have Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving. Originally, Chris was supposed to be working until 4:30 and I didn't want to spend the day cooking everything all alone. So we figured on having it on Friday instead, when he had off.

Turned out that he took off Thursday anyway, but I was still sticking with my plan. He just had to go and play in the Annual Turkey Bowl, which is a football game between a couple wards. David has gone with him the past few years & they always have such a great time. Apparently, Chris went early so he could paint lines on the field...and they were totally NOT straight! Wish I had been there to take a picture of that! As everyone showed up, they totally let him have it about the lines. He always means well.
Even though said game is known for injuries, he returned home with out any injuries. I spent Thursday baking the bread and rolls, the cranberry relish as well as the pies.
Friday, I made the rest of the meal...the turkey, and...I think that was it! We invited the Johnston Family over to share our meal with. I am really wishing I had taken pictures! What was wrong with me?
Anyway, they brought the mashed potatoes and green bean casserole and Uncle David & his Heather came with the stuffing. It is fabulous sharing a meal with others...it was so much better not having to stress over all the food myself. Definitely a tradition I would LOVE to carry on for years to come!
There is nothing like being able to celebrate our many blessings with great friends and family!!

No comments: