Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Low Dough Christmas Show

Wowza! This was a fun night! Well, once it got started. It all started when I purchased the tickets about a month ago - we were really excited to all go to this concert. The tickets were only $5 a piece...plus taxes & fees, of course. But all in all - a cheap night out for the family. We arrived at the parking lot to see Wyatt Koeven working. He was so awesome, he totally just let us park there...no fee! (Found out he is a supervisor now, so he was ok to do that.) Thank you Wyatt!!
Once we got in, we had to walk around a bit, they were still doing sound checks at 7...when it was supposed to start. Anyway, once we got some treats, we finally got to our seats and the show began at least a half hour to 45 minutes late.
The opening act was Bombshell. I knew a couple of their songs...but it was really hard to understand the words. Oh well! (It is not sounding too great right now, huh?)

Next up: Bucky Covington. Did you know he has a twin brother? Well, he does - he was playing the bongo drums. (Personally, I think he looks better simply because he had his hair pulled back and not flopping all over in his face.)

It always surprises me to find out I know songs from an artist. You see, I hardly pay attention to who sings a song...I never have. The most annoying thing about this guy - is the constant brushing of his hair out of his face. I was thinking that he should either 1: pull it back or 2: cut it. Just saying. He does put on a good show though!

This was hilarious to me! HE was singing that song "I'll Walk," where the girls got hit by a car and is paralyzed...anyway. Towards the end, he kissed this girl's hand...see that fellow in between them? I am assuming it was her boyfriend, 'cause he is not too happy about what just happened! HA HA!

The final performer: Phil Vasser. I knew tons of his songs. The girls and I were singing away and Victoria really got into it, standing up and dancing.
I personally really liked this jacket!



Here I am with my sweetie! Don't we make such a cutie patootie couple?

It took about 5 tries to get one without them moving...end product: cuteness to the maximous!
(I took the ones of us while we were waiting for the concert to start.)
This was the best part of the evening. The dancing of Victoria was really bothering Christianna, so I told her to sit down in front of us..since the seats were empty. She totally fell asleep! I still cannot believe HOW - it was soooo loud in there.

We had such a fun night together! Now we will see how getting up early for school tomorrow goes. Wish me luck!

No comments: