Monday, September 1, 2008

Just One of Those Days

OK everyone - this is how I unwind. You know, I really don't know what my problem has been today, but I have been so irritated with everything. I think it all started Sunday during an insane Sacrament meeting at church where Christianna acted as bad as she did when she was a toddler! Chris was called into work for a nasty accident, so I was flying solo on this one. Just as we were singing the opening hymn, I could hear screaming/goofing off voices down the hall. Turned out to be my girls. Once we all got in and seated, Christianna didn't like where I put her & she just took off! I was so frustrated. Later on, as I recapped the incidents from the afternoon, Chris informed me that he would be working Monday - his normal day off - he wanted to take an overtime shift without burning a holiday or vacation pay on Tues. So that was a great set-up for my Monday.

First of all the girls took about 3 hours to clean their room, which looked like a major bomb had exploded. Also, the whiny argument voice & tattle tales where driving me towards a strong drink, which only materialized into a cold glass of water. Then top off that with the "no Dad around" issue & you have a recipe for not-so-good things. Yippee. So, as you can see below, I needed some alone "me" time.

I find a dark room (the bathroom is really the only place where it can be completely dark) and then lay down, legs & bum up against the wall, lay my palms up and close my eyes. (FYI: I added a few blocks of rich dark chocolate to my routine.) Whenever Chris finds me here at the end of work, he knows to leave me alone & make sure the girls don't get close. At this point, I cannot be held responsible for my actions. Seriously, I will plead insanity.
Well, I just topped off my night by burning a bag of popcorn in the microwave - I have never seen smoke billowing out of our microwave EVER until today. I told you - something is totally messed up here.

3 comments:

Ganine said...

Oh girl I am so sorry!! I am going to try that one of these days, it would be better than what Miguel comes home to find which is an irate, irrational, screaming psycho :)

Jen H said...

I am soooo sorry! I do like that you captured your 'routine' in a photo though. Now I understand a little more what you mean when you tell me to go into my bathroom and put my feet against the wall.

I hope your week gets better sis.
(hugs)

C-KNEE said...

I myself just had a similar experience; however, I was interrupted by the UPS driver knocking on my door and shouting into my house thru the open window in the screen door...

It seems my bathroom is my peace finder too - sometimes I have to turn on the sink water to tone out the 2 little people I love most... Instead of lying on the floor I close the lid to the hopper and just sit on it - I think I'm going to try the lying down thing next - thanks for the demonstration...

Mike also knows that when he finds me in the bathroom with the sink water running to just fend for himself and make sure the 2 buglets do NOT come near or even knock until I emerge! Hope your week gets better!