Saturday, September 13, 2008

Seeing Red

I finally took a step off the deep end. I spent Saturday morning at the spa - it was much deserved. I have been stressing a bit lately. In case you were not aware, Chris & I have been looking for houses - seriously. Big headache of a process, let me tell ya! Actually, I don't want to bore you with it.
Back to the spa....aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. I started it off with a hair color. I decided on a dark red color. I must admit, as she was drying it, it was looking a little freakishly BAD! BRIGHT RED!! She continued to tell me repeatedly that if I don't like it after a couple days, that I could come back in and get more brown in it. So was she even thinking it looked hideous???
Top one is how it looks inside. I really like the cut.
Bottom is how it looks outside.
Once it was all cut and styled, I thought it looked alot better. Didn't seem as bright. Well, do you know what? It looks so very different when you are in direct sunlight. The brightness is still there! I have been so self-conscious about it. Luckily I have had alot of people tell me how much they like it. Chris thinks it's hot...and that it really brings out the green in my eyes. I think I will ride it out and see. At least it covered the few grey strays I have found recently, right?

After that I got a wonderful manicure from the best manicurist there! Even got a paraffin hand wax treatment.


So what do you all think of that?


2 comments:

Jen H said...

You forgot to mention that your girls totally think you look like 'Aunt Jennie'! So, it must be smokin'hot, right!?

I love the cut!! So cute. What a hottie!

Stacey said...

red takes an adjustment period to get used to. It doesn't look wonderful on people without makeup unless they are a natural redhead. You'll find it looks fantastic once you have your makeup all done up! And they make brow pencils that come in auburn to help make your brows look more like you hair color. I don't think it looks bad at all! It's just that like I stated, it's hard to wear red with your natural skin pigment if it's not your natural hair color and with that...makeup helps! Take it from someone who's been going red for a long time now! It really grows on you!