Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Utah State Fair - Ribbon Envy

Now if there is anyone who follows my mother's blog, this may not seem as impressive. You see, she quilts and does other sewing crafty stuff & enters has entered things into the Iron County Fair for the past 2 years. Well, she has ALOT of ribbons, first, second...you name it. She is awesome. Well she inspired me to enter photos into our State Fair this year.



This is one of my favorites of Victoria. I had to go to the fair opening day to see how my pictures did. I was so excited to see that I received a ribbon! I actually tried calling everyone, my sister, mom, husband - no one answered their phones so I had to have a quiet, but very excited, celebration with Christianna.



A funny thing about Christianna too: After we saw the ribbon by Victoria's picture, she was excited to find the one of her that I submitted. She was majorly disappointed to see that Victoria got a ribbon & she didn't. I tried to explain that it is judged by the photo - not by who is in it. Not sure if she understood. This is the picture I submitted of her.



1 comment:

Stacey said...

Well why on earth didn't you call me? That's fantastic! Congratulations! I keep forgetting about fair contests! I recently submitted my photo of the two sea lions kissing at the Aquarium of the Pacific. They were holding a photo contest. Unfortunately, there were so many great entries done by mere pros, and so I didn't place..boohoo. But congratulations!