Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meow!

Tonight we took the girls to see CATS. It was awesome - almost exactly as I remembered it...there was an additional part and song that I don't remember. You see, my parents took me to see it in New York for my High School graduation gift. It was the best trip!
So 12 years later, I saw it again. The girls loved it. I think it helped that they knew most of the songs. They are always listening to the soundtrack in their room. They also like to dance & act it out by tucking their boas into the top of the back of their pants & pretend they are cats. It is actually pretty funny. I actually heard Christianna singing some of the songs during the performance tonight.
The show started at 7:30 and lasted 2 1/2 hours. It was a late night for the girls & I am not looking forward to dragging their butts out of bed in the morning, but it was so worth it! As we were waiting for Chris to pull the car around, they asked if we are going to see "Wicked" when it comes. Well, I am hoping to - but we have to wait until April/May to see it. I just hope they don't continue to ask until then.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Interesting tidbit here...last night Rod and I finished watching the animated movie, Beawolf on DVD. At the end of the the movie, I heard this song and instantly loved the woman's voice who was signing it. She also sounded familiar to me...so upon begging like I always have to do...I was permitted to keep watching the words scroll in the closing credits until I was able to view the song credits at the end. I did a search on Indina Menzel and found out that she is the lead in Wicked! What still intrigued me about it was she also played "Maureen" in Rent...my all time favorite musical! So...if you see Wicked, you absolutely MUST tell me how it was! Because this chick is totally talented.

Jen H said...

I am glad you were able to re-enact your HS graduation gift (which by the way, I never was able to do since I never got to see a Braodway Show for my Graduation. Maybe you are the favorite??)

C-KNEE said...

Wicked is awesome - last October I went with megan & my parents to see it in NYC. Best broadway play I've seen so far... You definitely have to see it!