Sunday, February 15, 2009

I hate the I phone

***This post actually was composed in the middle of January - at the time, I was having a very rough venting kind-of morning. Now Chris has been back from his trip to PA, for a couple weeks now, and it hasn't been nearly as bad. But I have seen that phone rear it's ugly head more recently. So, with out further ado - here it is!***
Seriously, this issue has been plaguing me for a few weeks - ever since we went into AT&T to renew our contracts. I have always been the type that feels like a cell phone should make & receive calls..and that is it! I do not need all the other crap that they stuff into a piece of plastic that could fit into the palm of your hand.

Ever since he chose to get the frills phone, he never puts it down! There is always some application or game or some other annoyance going on. I feel like it is just a hand held game that he has to constantly play. Before the age of the I phone in our home, he just had his phone sitting in his little holder on his belt & he only took it out to make or take a call from someone. I am missing those peaceful days.




I am truly tired of seeing it in his hands - even during dinner or watching TV or a movie!! The past few nights I have fallen asleep to the constant glow of the screen from the other side of the bed. I was so fuming about it as I fell asleep last night that I seriously had a dream about it! I dreamt that we got the first bill for it and it was over $100 MORE that what our bill used to be! We will see when we get it, he does have a tendency to underplay the cost of things by giving me a low ball number - I was told that our bill will be about a $30 difference....time will tell.




SO for all you Disney fans who have seen the Emperor's Groove, in Eezma's words..."I want to take it & smash it with a HAMMER!!!" I know I would sleep better.
***PS - the hammer idea is still there...in the back of my head.***

5 comments:

Melanie Parker said...

I am sorry. I know what you mean. I have family and friends that have gone through phases and I have thought--just put the phone away. It usually happens after the newness is gone.
So, hopefully the newness will wear off soon and you will get your husband back.

Ganine said...

You crack me up.. That is okay.. we have all the extra gadgets and Miguel and I don't even know how to use them, and he works for Verizon. ;)

Jen H said...

What a lovely and sweet post about the bond between spouses . . . oh wait. (he he) Thanks for posting this finally. I have been wondering if the phone - or Chris - survived that first week.

Griffiths said...

i feel the same way about Jason's xbox, i would love to smash it with a hammer. But i am sure it will fade as time goes on or at least i hope so.

Stacey said...

Uh...I believe the cheapest plan for the iPhone is around $80-$90 per month. At least that was what mine started out to be when I bought mine last year. Now, my new plan is $150 because I needed more minutes on my plan. I for one LOVE a phone that does everything. I like retrieving my email and getting driving directions, yellow pages right from my phone, etc. cause I'm always on the move and love not having to fire up my computer to read my friends blogs, wink wink. I love having everything on one little pocket sized device; however, I can relate to your concerns. There comes a time when people need to prioritize. Don't worry though, once he's explored everything (give him about a year..haha...that's how long it took for me) to get bored with it...and it will be returned to the phone status that it is and you'll have his attention once again. I read an article once that in the era of the "smart" phone and laptop/notebook computer more and more couples are experiencing high levels of stress and lower levels of human connectedness. Ahh...technology.