Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh, what a night!

We ACTUALLY celebrated my birthday!!! No other events stood in our way!!!


I originally wanted to have a family celebration and I am so glad that we shared this experience with the girls! Chris called a little after 4 to let me know that we had reservations for 5:30. So in between a ton of phone calls within the following 40 minutes, we all managed to be ready & presentable...seriously, how do people just know when you are busy? It is like a beacon suddenly appears over your house & everyone returns calls then. Weird!
Anyway, we had such a fun time there - a first for us...ha, ha - meaning going to Benihana's! We have fun quite often actually. We really enjoyed the show of seeing our food prepared in front of us. Christianna, of course, told everyone that he made his shrimp so much better than me. It did taste fantastic! It is hard for me to eat out for a couple reasons, normally I evaluate the food - for example - comparing it to my own dishes (my chicken is juicier-take that shrimp man!) & also how much more "cost effective" it is to make it at home. So I tried really hard to NOT focus on that for the evening. Afterwards, we stopped by Sam's Club for a cheesecake and headed home for some dessert.
It was a great day!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday! I love Benihana's!