Saturday, February 21, 2009

Planes, trains & huge snowdrifts!


Today I had a Pampered Chef show way up in North Ogden. The weather here in Salt Lake has been unseasonably warm, so I was all planning on wearing some cute spring-like outfit to the show. Well, I am soooo glad that I didn't! I got up there and saw a ton of snow & boy, was it nippy! As I was leaving, I had to get some pictures of the snow! It is hard to tell, but those piles were level with my car windows! Now that is what I am talking about! I LOVE snow. It brought me back to my younger days when we would go to upstate NY to visit my grandparents & extended family. They always had that much snow every winter. It was a BLAST playing in it & sledding on it. (I resisted the urge to borrow a sled and have at it.)

Anyway, after the show I went to the train station in Ogden to pick up Chris & Christianna. Victoria was at a friend's birthday party so he decided to take the FrontRunner commuter train to meet me. I found them looking at old trains & then we ate at the restaurant there - The Union Station Grill. Yummers!! We headed back home just in time to pick up Victoria.




(OK, so there were no airplanes in this story...unless you count the ones we heard overhead??? I thought it was a catchy heading.)

No comments: