Thursday, January 14, 2010

Appointment #2

I went in again for my regular checkup today. It is so fun being able to see the baby already and how much has changed in a month. I still get teary at the miracle that I hold inside of me. I had to laugh too, as we were doing this, the baby was moving around a lot....kicking the legs in the air & then waving the arms. They even rested their arm over their head - just like I do when I sleep. The head is on the right side within that dark area in the middle.

The leg is kicking up in this one (above) looks like a little line on the left side.
(Below) The arm is over the head in this one.
Heather (across the street) is convinced that it is a boy. (I think she is seeing "things".) Only time will tell. Turns out we have to wait until the first week in March to see if we are having a boy or girl. I bombarded the Dr. with some questions too. Turns out, I can not go to Youth Conference June 15-19 in St. George. Just too close to the due date and the stress of being responsible for youth on top of being hugely pregnant will not be a good combo. Not to mention - it will be hot there. Even though I was a little bummed, I really wouldn't have been much help anyway plus, it would have been depressing knowing I was missing all the fun hiking and stuff.

Looking forward to my next appointment Feb. 10. I will hopefully get to schedule the ultrasound of awesomeness and I am being transferred to a new Dr. in the same office since my ob doesn't deliver babies anymore (sniff, sniff). I wonder if that has to do with the fact that he is now a Bishop? Hmmm, I wonder?


3 comments:

lys said...

So exciting! I'm impressed that you are bummed about YC-- I would look at it as an awesome excuse to get out of going! But, then again, I'm talking about someone who loves, loves, loves TREK. I don't know anyone else who loves trek. Ugh.

Jen H said...

Seeing those pictures just makes me smile Nicole. Only a few days till we know what variety of baby is growing in there . . . I am so stinkin excited!

Melanie Parker said...

Ok - Holy Cow, I am a slacker and haven't checked in in awhile....I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations!!