Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday Christianna, Dear!

We finally had Christianna's birthday party with her friends. We had to wait a few weeks so that we could have the most awesome face painter EVER there. Christianna decided that it was best to wait instead of not having facepainting. I agree...good decision.
We had decided on a carnival theme & I was super excited about the idea. This was the invite that we gave the girls. It was in the form of an admission ticket.
(So, I did have it on here until I was reminded by Heather - thanks by the way - that - DUH! Our address was on there! SO I took it off.)
We had a little note on the back that read,
"No Presents Please
Christianna would like to have a food drive instead of gifts this year.
If you can, please bring some canned/boxed food and we will deliver it to the Utah Food Bank.
Thank You!"
(For those who may be wondering whose idea that one was...I'll be honest. I did give her the idea and asked if that was something she would like to do. She was very excited about it and said YES!"
It was awesome as the girls showed up with a bag of food each! We are very much looking forward to delivering the food this week.
I even had this grand idea to hang one of those parachutes (the kind they use in school for kids to run under) from our fan in the lving room to make it look like a circus tent. Well, for safety's sake, I decided against it...the fan was kind of tipping to one side and I didn't want to risk it falling down and crushing someone. Turns out those things are a little heavy.
We played lots of girly games and they seemed to have more fun watching Abi paint faces. Between Hullabaloo, popcorn, bean bag toss, cupcakes, making cute flower decorations for their rooms, eating taffy and the limbo...not to mention the face painting...they had such a fun time together.




My sweet birthday girl. I love this picture.


A Big THANK YOU goes out to Uncle David and Heather for helping with the limbo game.

Turns out, Victoria is like the Limbo Queen. That girl is flexible.

This is Abi. Long story - but she and I used to be in YW together when we were YW back in PA. Came across her on Facebook and after reading her various posts regarding face painting at events in SL, thought I would see if she did parties too. WAHOO - she does!! It was great to see her again and catch up on our lives. She did an amazing job with the girls and I really think that was their favorite part of the party.
Here they are all painted up. We are missing just one friend, Daniela, who had to leave early.


Victoria just couldn't miss out on the face painting. Even I was tempted to have mine done! To be honest, it was kinda freaky to look at her with all that stuff on her face...you know? Her eyes were just POPPING out of her head.



Another party down....so many more to go. It was great to celebrate Christianna again and the wonderful blessing she is to our family.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

What a fun party! Good job Nicole