Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lucky Dog

What an evening! Tonight we had our Pampered Chef team meeting in West Jordan. (Location will prove to be important in a minute.) It was like any other meeting, fun, friends, training and some food. I had carpooled with a friend, Shelly and her two kiddies. It all seemed uneventful enough, after the meeting was done we piled into our car and headed back north...about a 20 minute ride.
After we pulled into our driveway, I got out and opened the door behind me so the kids could get out. To my shock and surprise...there was a little white dog just laying there on the seat next to Phoenix, partly in his lap.
"Why is there a dog in the back seat?" was all I could muster to say.
"I don't know." Was the answer...
"Why didn't you tell us that Lucky had climbed into the car?"
"I forgot."
WOW! Normally this wouldn't have been too bad, yes a little frustrating...but I would have been fine dealing with it. EXCEPT, Chris was still at the YM activity and Heather was at my house staying with the girls - who were already in bed for the night - and now I had to ask her to stay even longer (thought Chris would have been home about an hour earlier) so I could return the dog to West Jordan.
I tried to see how it would go with Lucky & Minnie so I could maybe return him the next day...well, she was not happy with this little yipper in her house.
I called Debbie, for that was the dog's owner, and asked her if she knew where her dog was. I bet I sounded like I was asking a ransom or something. She said laughing, "Why, is he with you?" When I replied with a very big "YES!" She laughed even more. Apparently the little dear loves car rides.
Luckily she was ok with meeting me halfway and as I was heading out the driveway, Chris pulled up. Thank goodness, Heather could go home now and then I could get this little mutt to his rightful owners. Thank you Heather for aiding me in my evening of "When it Rains it Pours." (And for also not letting Minnie eat Lucky.)


Now every time we leave Debbie's house, I will make sure that we have not picked up any stowaways.
I guess you live and learn?


No comments: