Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Unfortunately, another event without my camera! I am seriously slacking.

Our wonderful neighbors, the Lymans, hosted a little shindig to celebrate the New Year. Awesomely it was early on - didn't think I would even make it to midnight with how tired I have been lately. We enjoyed friends, good conversations and lots of laughs.
After we had worn out our welcome, yet again...we headed home and got the girls ready and in bed. I let them stay up until after 10, that's 2 hours later than normal. Think what you want...but I was the one who would be up with them the next day and they needed sleep so there would be less crankiness. Especially with the primary activity the next morning.
I was definitely ready to go to bed at 10 myself. Chris really wanted to wait up until midnight. Turns out I am a crazy and supporting wife since I ended up staying up with him. Originally we were going to watch a movie, but it turned into channel surfing and watching shows about food! Luckily the last one was about all the various things people fry and eat. YUCK! Did you know that there are restaurants that are known for frying the following items:
BACON (insert puking sound here)
Hamburgers
Pickles
I know there were more things, but those really stuck with me (and would stick with you if you ever tried them.) I was actually intrigued by the pickles though...
Needless to say, we bought pickles on our very next grocery shopping trip and have yet to try frying them.
I am hoping that your New Years was a bit more eventful than ours, I think we did ring in the new year with a very tired kiss and then promptly turned off the TV and crashed into bed.