Friday, December 26, 2008

Home for the Holidays?

This seems odd...but I have been thinking about something lately. Since we have been in our house, we have been asked many times how we like it & things like that, but lately I have been hearing "So isn't it great to be in your home for Christmas?" It is said in a way that makes it seem like I am supposed to feel different, more excited, about it.
That is the question I just can't get out of my mind. Honestly, I feel no different this year than I have any other. I loved our last apartment, our last home. A home isn't just the structure - it is the feeling inside. I have always thought of our various apartment dwellings as "home" and I have been grateful to be with my family wherever the place may be. So, yes I am grateful to be in a house, but I would be happy no matter where I was...as long as I had my family.

No comments: