Friday, December 12, 2008

Wicked SAWEEETTT!!!

psssst.....guess what.....I am going to see....
So it is 12:30 pm and I am finally home. You see, I have been standing in line since 6:15 am this morning for my chance to get some tickets to WICKED. If you think that is a little nuts, there were people there who had been camped out since 10 pm last night!
Kayla - an awesome friend - came with me and I am sooo glad! Armed with a mug of hot chocolate each, we started our adventure waiting in the very long line around the Capital Theater block.
We had fun chatting and laughing as we waited for HOURS in the very COLD weather - it even flurried a little off and on. By 9:15 we had only traveled just under 3/4 of the entire block perimeter! Then we found out that I was #700 in line and that about 50 people are getting serviced per half hour...so we put our heads together & decided to move to another theater a couple blocks away. Why??? Well, they were opening up the admission at 10 am online, by phone & at 2 other locations. We found out that there was a much smaller line over at the Rose Wagner Theater, about 60 people or so. Better odds getting through the door when there is a shorter line! We hustled over there & I am so glad that we did. We were given a "consolation prize" in case we didn't get tickets - 2 free tickets to see some other performance & I also sold a Food Chopper to a girl in line with us!
Just about an hour before we got into the ticket office, Kayla's hubby came to pick her up. Poor fella had to get to work - what is THAT all about??? ( j/k Andy) I, on the other hand, was very lucky because Chris had today off.

See how lucky I am??? I was able to get tickets!!! I was even able to get 4 all together and another group of 4 for Kayla and her family. Last time I heard - Wicked is SOLD OUT!!!
(Now all we have to do is wait.......wait for the beginning of May to actually see it.)






2 comments:

Jen H said...

Happy Birthday to Jen! Happy Birthday to Jen! Happy Birthday to Jen, we are seeing Wicked on your day.

Oh, BTW: If I am totally bent on going with them I can get tickets for my b-day (May 3rd) too: if I want to pay $350 for a $90 ticket. NO Thak You!!

I am really glad you guys are able to go see it together. :)

C-KNEE said...

Hey Nicole: This play is awesome - I went with megan & my parents to see it on broadway last October. I have to say out of the 4 broadway plays I saw this had to be the best... Did you read the book?? I have it just never got around to reading it yet!