Monday, December 1, 2008

Naughty or Nice??

That is the question!
It is December 1st and I have been thinking about family holiday traditions. I am going to share some through the month of December & would love it if you shared some of yours!
Tonight we made our calendars. This is something that I have done ever since I was a child. We would make our Naughty & Nice Calendars for the month of December and hang them as a reminder where we would see them. Then each day we are held accountable for our actions & we would either earn a fun sticker or a BIG BLACK CIRCLE. I am sure you can figure out what we didn't want to get. If Santa feelt that we had too many black dots, then we got coal in our stocking. I honestly don't remember getting any, but I DO remember Jennie getting some one Christmas. She had a rough December that year!
Anyway, we have stuck with this tradition and I really like it. The girls behave so much better, even if it is mainly for 1 month....which makes me wonder....how effective would it be to have a black dot YEARLY calendar???

We had Lacey over for FHE and we made our calendars. We talked about charity and read a wonderful book together called "A Christmas Dress for Ellen." It is a beautiful story to help kids remember others during the holidays & not worry as much about what they are going to get. We even discussed it together!

It was a great night & I am happy to report that we all earned a sticker today!

1 comment:

Jen H said...

Something inside me told me that I would be mentioned in this post. I love how you changed it from the "black dot calander" to "Naughty or Nice". It sounds much nicer.

We got home too late to do our calenders tonight, but we will make them tomorrow. So far, we all get stickers though.