Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bring on the BBQ

After Chris & Victoria returned from the Motor ride, we all packed up the car and headed out to the mountains. There was a Ward BBQ - and where I know of BBQ...I am THERE! Hah!
First of all, we all ate. There was some delicious marinated chicken and salads. That is very important for you to know.
There was a fish pond there, so the kids were able to feed them. That was fun. They were jumping all over the place once pellets were thrown in! (Oh - I mean the fish.) We were weary of the little ones falling in, the fish would have gobbled them up in no time!



The guys filled their time with a riveting game of football. I hated standing on the sidelines! I REALLY wanted to play. I had my big chance when one of the guys needed a potty break. YAY! Tag football with all the guys & me...a little awkward...but I made the most of it. I think they underestimated the sneakiness which I possess.

After that we gathered around the fire pit. It had rained most of the day so there was a lack of dry wood. But the kids were so proud that they had gathered wood for the fire - didn't have the heart to tell them that it was for naught.
It was so cute how the boys lined themselves up on the bench to watch the "men" build a roaring fire. Alan was hilarious! At least to me...he was the bellows for the fire. I seriously think that guy breathed smoke for the next week.

Q: How many people does it take to build a fire?
A: Many, especially if the fire is smothered with good intentions.
It was a great night and we had such a fun time. It also helped us to get to know a few more people in our ward a little better.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

interresting pic of the girls. Christianna is missing as many front teeth as she has. So cute.

As for underestimating your sneakiness, they most not have been familiar with Mr Deeds. Shame, really.