Saturday, August 8, 2009

11 year Anniversary Date

We celebrated a little early and went to a Bees Baseball game for our Anniversary evening. (We actually have a camping planned on our actually anniversary.) It was funny actually, I had a sitter all lined up and we just left...without a plan - something I hate to do. We were just driving towards downtown when after asking a million times, what do you want to do -I pulled over into a parking lot. We had just seen a plane overhead with a trailing sign announcing a game tonight. So we had a decision to make. Finally we decided to go & we had to go back to the house to get Chris's pass since he works at the field through work. Saves us a little on admission and food there - so worth the trip back.
WE had a great time - no kiddos to worry about. Just time for us.

This bird was HILARIOUS!!! He has the strangest antics you could imagine. At one point all these cute kids came out following him & mimicking EVERYTHING he did. Like, kicking dirt on the umpire...scratching...making mean actions towards the opposing team - you know, like a thumbs down & good clean fun like that. I think that bird was the best part of the game!

Remember when I said we didn't have to worry about the girls...well, that was part right. About the last inning of the game, we get a frantic call from our sitter. Minnie had somehow escaped out of our back yard and was no where to be found.

I called our neighbors to help with the search since Kira and the girls were walking around the neighborhood with a flashlight in the dark! (In my defense, I told them to just look around our yard & 2 houses down - I didn't want them wandering around at such a late hour.) Well with Kathy's help calling her name, she was finally found roaming down the street. It was an anxious 45 minutes, I'll tell you. We were getting really worried.

Can you believe that? After all that dog has done, we would still miss her if she was gone!

What an end to our date night, don't you think?

1 comment:

Jen H said...

I guess that is a good thing, to find out you really do like your horse, I mean dog.

Happy Anniversary guys . . .again.