Thursday, August 20, 2009

Random Riding Writings

Today I got to thinking while I was out riding my bike early this morning. How much we - people - miss everyday! There is alot of interesting things out there to see and discover.
What got me on this trail of thought was watching all the other "serious" bicyclists streaming by me with their heads down. SO I tried it - don't worry, it wasn't for too long since i am such a klutz I didn't want to risk wrecking again. Hmmm...I wonder if that is why I was destined to have a Wrecker Truck as my H.S. mascot - since I am just accident prone??? But that could be another post entirely.
Well looking down at the pavement is terribly boring! So I just kept my head up and kept on my way. I saw many things and I will just share the highlights with you.
1: There are so many beautiful wildflowers along the trail! I want to try to remember where I saw all the different kinds so I can drive up and start cutting a lovely bouquet.
2: There was this old man pedaling down the trail. He looked kinda fragile...I passed him 2 times since we had both turned around. I noticed that he had an oxygen tank on! The hose was right there under his nose & after I passed him, I looked back to see where the tank was & it was in a bag strapped to his back. Now that is dedication!!!
3: I think I saw the evil Uncle Olof. Remember? The bad guy in Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate events? (He could have given Jim Carrey a run for his money.) I swear he was riding his vespa down the Legacy Parkway. Imagine that crazy hair, long pointy nose & he was jutting his chin way out far. Just if I had my camera on me & ready at all times to snap a shot!
Good times!

2 comments:

Jen H said...

#3 seriously made me crack up!! You paint quite the picture.

gerhard said...

I agree! We do miss out on a lot of beautiful, crazy things around us. I love slowing down to take a look around.