Saturday, November 15, 2008

3 AM and all is WEELLLLL!

When the family gets together things get a little CRAZY!!
I love it when we can all get together for a few days! This weekend marked the 2nd Lyndaker Family Reunionwith optional Thanksgiving Fiesta. We all converged on our parents home in Cedar City. It was fantastic because everyone made it...seriously...it is a feat for that to happen especially when most of the hubbies involved do not have the best schedules to work with. They came from over the mountains (NV) and through the woods (Texas) to get to the grandparents house. Things started pretty well, just catching up and seeing nieces & the nephew whom we hadn't seen for over a year or more.
The house was filled with many kids. Mine are the oldest - with one exception (31, 8 & 5, then Jennie has 4 (33, 5, 3 & 1), Crystal has 2 (24, 4) and Patrick is 22 (my little bro.) I must say that it wasn't as loud & crazy as I was expecting! You see, at our last gathering, Jennie's wee ones REALLY liked to scream at the tops of their lungs. Still love you Ethan & Rory!
I cannot recall anything major that happened that first day besides just being goofy - like always.
But that NIGHT was hilarious! Imagine this...3 sisters all hopped up on sugar, ALL 6 little kids are sleeping, it's after midnight, we are sitting around the dinning room table with the game of Scattergories laid out before us. There were alot of GREAT answers....Jennie shared her "ta ta's," Dad was yelling "lingerie" repeatedly in Jennie's ear...funny thing was, we had rerolled the letter and it wasn't an "L" anymore...I know there was more but at 2 am I was running on fumes & sugar. Many times we had to have a " potty break" in between mass amounts of laughter...and you know how difficult holding it in gets after you have kids. Too bad we didn't video tape it because I KNOW you would have enjoyed it! Sadly, there are no photos of our game playing. I bet we wouldn't have even been able to hold a camera up, let alone take a shot between the hysterics - it was hard enough holding the pencil & writing words!

2 comments:

Jen H said...

Great job. You have inspired me and I am going to get to work catching up right now!!!!!!!!!!

Love Lorri said...

I am sure you had so much fun! You are a fun family and having more to share it with makes it more fun! I just have one complaint...it sounds just like my family and now I MISS THEM! Good one Nichole!