Saturday, November 15, 2008

The feast, family pictures, shooting things, dishes...can anything else be squeezed in today?

Seriously, the only downside to a few days together is a very packed couple of days. The morning started...too early in my book...with the hustle and bustle of getting everyone ready for family pictures. We all decided to wear brown. Did you know that there are sooo many different shades of brown? Take my word for it - there ARE! But we all looked fabulous. We drove into town and chose a loverly spot on the SUU campus. It took some time to get everyone together & ready. There were some tears, some laughing and a pinch of the fabulous JC Penny's posing. But I think we got at least one picture of everyone that we can work with...maybe.

(Dear family, I know this wasn't the best one, but it is hard to see details when you pick them for the blog.)


We all took the opportunity while all dressed with hair & makeup done to get family pics too. I think I may actually get our cards out earlier this December!! YAY!! What do you think??? The only one missing is our "little" Minnie. So I have to decide on how we are doing our cards & include a shot of her too. (Because, I really like how I look in these pics & I don't want to try to get it all to work together again to have her in the picture with us. Is that bad of me??)

Seriously, I am SMOKIN'! Anyway, here are the rest of the troops. I am the oldest.

I put our individual family pics down in order of age. (I am only including my siblings names so you all have faces to go with the names.)


Jennie & her family

Crystal and her family

Patrick & his girl

After we were done taking the serious pictures all the kids started chasing Grandpa around the field. They finally caught up with him and took a little breather on the bench.
This one comes with a funny story. Jennie wanted to have a fun picture of us all jumping off the bench onto the ground. We took several takes - all funny - but this one wins the blogworthy award. Mainly for what happened immediately AFTER this was taken. Look closely, can you see how Jennie & I look like we are touching feet? Well we are. We totally hooked our feet together on the jump, she proceeded to the ground & I just came back down on the bench...Jennie's toe had come out of her show! They were like the Mary Jane type, so somehow my foot practically ripped hers right out of her shoe! We were both laughing so hard. I guess that's our lot in life. It's not alot, but it's our life!

I realize that it is going to take a few more blogs to get the entire weekend in. I wouldn't want my devout fans to miss out on any details...so I will continue this day in at least 2 more shorter blogs.







5 comments:

M. M. C. C. said...

I love the family photo! you guys are just too darn cute...... how's the new house?

Griffiths said...

The family pics look great. You look gorgeous, not that you don't always look that way. Sorry I didn't make it to your party, family things came up that took us out of town.

Stacey said...

I love that last pic! You guys are too funny! Reminds me of the trampoline days at the old homestead!

Unknown said...

Graet pics Grandma will love them

Miss B said...

Ooohh. I loved seeing all the family pictures. You all look so great, and I can't believe how big the kids are getting!