Monday, July 21, 2008

Chris is the sweetest!!

I returned home from Chicago around 9 pm. I hustled my butt to terminal 2 to get Cinnabon's for Chris. (Long story short: There used to be one @ the mall in Salt Lake, but with the remodeling, it was closed...so the airport is where he can get them. I will have to post a funny story about when his parents flew in...it's a goodie...maybe in a couple days.)

Alright, can I just tell you how sweet Chris can be? He met me at the airport with these beautiful flowers.
On our way home, we were actually able to converse with each other, without the funny questions the girls add to the mix. Then, when we were home, he had another surprise for me. I had to close my eyes and everything. Then he brought me into our room, where I beheld a beautiful arrangement of roses!


I asked him why he got them. Not that I wasn't appreciative...but I wanted to know. He told me about going to the flower shop. He didn't just go & grab a prearranged bunch either...thought went into it. He asked for roses to represent our friendship & love. Then he added the purple flowers, instead of the traditional babies breath, to add more color & then all the greenery!
It makes it even more sweet to know what the motivation is behind them. When he told me this, I got choked up - again! (I told you I was emotional this week.) I am actually at my parents house right now & looking at these pictures makes me smile. He is such a wonderful man! Since the girls were at Grandma & Grandpa's house, Chris and I had a couple days to just be together. It was perfect.
FYI: the girls spent the week at my parents and I came down Sunday night to spend a couple days here before we all go back home. Grandparents are fabulous! Thank you Mom, Dad & Patrick for taking the girls. I really appreciated it!

1 comment:

M. M. C. C. said...

ahhhh, what a sweet hubby! are you going to the parade tomorrow?