Friday, July 4, 2008

Haircuts by Christianna, anyone?

Well our uneventful day turned into a not-so-uneventful day. Today Christianna decided that she wanted to cut her hair...herself. When asked "why?" her response was (as she shrugs her shoulders), "When I see scissors, I just have to cut my hair." Like that was the most normal thing! Thank goodness there is a lady in our ward who cuts hair. Luckily she was home today & was able to fix her hair. The thing about Christianna is, when she cuts her hair, it is always in the same spot. She cuts on the left side of her head, by her ear, and about cheek level - this normally takes out about 2" in towards her ear. NICE! I guess it could be worse - it could be her bangs right by the roots...

Anyway, we rode our bikes over to her house & she ended up cutting both of the girls hair. (Victoria had bangs in her eyes & it was pretty thick in the back.) They both love their haircuts and really like how lighter and cooler it makes them. Once we got home, they had a homemade lemonade popsicle. I am hoping that things are pretty blah for the rest of the afternoon. The scissors are up, so I think she will not have that urge to cut again...at least for a little while.

Thank you Kari! You are awesome!!

3 comments:

Jen H said...

When you told me about the haircuts earlier I had not realized that it was a necessity. What is it with our kids?? At least it was her own hair and she left more than 1/2 inch, right. :)

They both look really cute. Gotta love talented ward members that come to the rescue!

Jeff & Melesa Loosle said...

She is still a cutie :)

Stacey said...

Hey! That looks like one of those homeade frozen ice pops made out of lemonade! I remember those! Wow! I gotta get one of those trays! Does Pampered Chef sell them?