Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 3: Directors ROCK!

The last day of conference was the most awesome for me this year. This was the day that I got all the recognition as a new Director. Here we are: L-R: Todd, Mary Kae, Me & Rachael. We all share the same Exec. Director. YAY! The day started off with a special breakfast. Now, I didn't know how special it really was....let me explain. Before I even left for Chicago, I received a call from Pampered Chef. They told me that I would have a special card to for reserved seating at this breakfast. Once I was there, I was told that I would be at the table with Jean Jonas! Remember, the VP??
So it may be lame to you - but this was my place card for breakfast.
It was so awesome at her table. Jean told us the reason for being at her table. You know why? Out of the new directors, we were the top ones in sales and recruiting!! Now if that isn't a pat on the back, I don't know what is! We all talked about our dreams - what we really want our business to do. I had been pretty emotional this whole week, so needless to say, I had the tears flowing as I shared mine. Are you curious?
The main reason I do Pampered Chef is this: Many of you know that Chris & I were married when we were young and had the girls. I don't have a college education (yet) and if something was ever to happen with Chris, especially in his line of work, I have something in place to support my girls that I love to do.

Later, after the wonderful breakfast, lunch and a class - we had the last general session. We walked across the stage as new Directors! It was so exciting. I was so nervous. I am a clutz. Seriously, I was keeping track of the times I tripped over my feet - while in Chicago & I got to 10, plus I almost fell down an escalator. Nice huh?

Well, I didn't trip. I walked out to the sound of loud cheers and I was so overwhelmed. I had the biggest smile and was trying not to completely sob! You know what? I did it. I have made it this far and I know that I can continue to grow my business and be successful. That is so HUGE to me. I was so proud of myself. The only thing that would have made this day better, would have been to have Chris there to share it with me.

To top off this fabulous day, Debbie took me to see "Wicked." It was her gift to me for promoting & it was the best show! I am unsure if it tops Les Mis...but it is right up there with my favorites. I am even more excited because it is coming to Salt Lake in April!! My goal is to take Chris & the girls with my Pampered Chef spoils.

After all that, there was more. Pauleen had a special Director's training/dinner-party at her hotel suite. She ordered Chicago style pizza. Have you ever had it? Wow! I tell you what, wow! This is a hugely stuffed pizza - seems like they use an entire block of mozzarella per pizza! Seriously, this thing had almost an inch layer of cheese! It was delicious, but less is more people. So, if you are ever in the Windy City, try a slice...and just 1 slice, trust me.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

Way to go sis. When did you get all the cute clothes, btw?? You looked so happy! I am proud of you sis. Keep up the good work so you can bring me to see Wicked too. (I could as family, right? Just call me your nanny for the night.)