Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Date Night

Well, Chris and I got out for a date night. We are actually getting a little better at that lately, and that isn't just counting our "dates" to the grocery store for stuff.

Last weekend, while the girls were still at their Grandparents, we were able to go out & not worry about rushing home for the sitter. You see, I am the kind of person who thinks about $$ signs in my head. So for example, a dinner date = the cost of dinner + the $4 per hour for the sitter. It all adds up, you know? So, you tend to rush things - well, I do. So our date last weekend went so well. We went out to dinner & spent at lest 2 hours there. Can you believe that? 2 HOURS!!! Then we just walked around the Gateway mall until my feet were about to fall off. (I wore a cute pair of shoes that look really nice, but are a killer to walk more than 5 minutes in straight. Plus, I had worn these at conference so my feet were still hurting from that.) But it was very relaxing, not to be on any schedule!
Back to tonight: Chris had scored a screening pass for a new movie that was tonight. Swing Vote: anyone heard of it? Well, it was pretty good - I laughed, I cried, it moved me. BUT - there was a ton of language. So, for me it was a once & I am good for life - kind of movie. Before the movie started, the sponsor of the screening gave out prizes. I actually won something! WAHOO! We got 4 passes to the Motor Raceway for Saturday & a t-shirt. Not too bad for a free movie, right? (I am actually going to try to sell them online so wish me luck. We would use them, but Chris will be at Scout Camp on Saturday. I have a backup plan of inviting Chris's brother to come with us.) Anyway, after the movie we took our time getting home. It looks like I might be getting the hang of trying to just take the time to enjoy being out with the honey and not worrying too much about "ca-ching."

No comments: