Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Hello all. The girls and I went up to Sugarhouse Park for the fourth to see the fireworks. Normally I wouldn't venture to an event like that without Chris - with all the people there, the parking nightmare, etc. But it was ok - we met Chris there. He was manning the Mobile Command Center so he was able to get us in and park by him. I brought brownies with me in case I had any trouble getting in, but I didn't have to bribe anyone.


The girls played at the playground for awhile and I read my book. I was reading "River Secrets." Now, when I read, that is all I do - or so it seems. Once I start a book, it is really hard to put it down. They played & I read until I couldn't read anymore. Geez, it gets dark too quickly and I lost my light to read.
We took a little side-stop to see Chris again & then headed up the hill to watch the fireworks. They were awesome & I got some neat pics of them. Then we spent about a half hour in the car waiting to drive out and an additional half hour to get home. (Normally the ride takes about 20 min.) That first half hour was fine - I just read more. I hope you all had a good holiday!

2 comments:

Jeff & Melesa Loosle said...

I wish you would have called me !!! The girls and I were also at Sugarhouse park.... bummer.

M. M. C. C. said...

so did you witness the shooting there? Mike met me at Primary's and while we were in the ER they called over the radio "shots fired, sugarhouse park". just curious if you saw the action.

PS... have fun on your AWESOME trip : )