Thursday, July 17, 2008

Last day in Chicago

Well, Thursday was a lazy day. Conference was over & we had the day to sleep in & sight see! Mostly everyone left by the morning, so Donna & I headed down to Navy Pier. I had found gifts the first day, but I wanted to check out other things before I decided on them. I came across a shirt for Chris...hmm, I should have taken a picture of it...it had a Chicago P.D. badge on it & the words:

HOMICIDE
OUR DAY BEGINS WHEN YOURS ENDS
Nice, huh? I just had to get it for him. I actually found the best shirt, but they didn't have my size, or a size even close to fit me. That I did take a picture of.


After the necessary purchases, we headed to lunch. We ate at Bubba Gump's Restaurant. It was so much fun! I had the best salad. It was a pear & berry & chicken salad with raspberry vinaigrette. Wonderful - just thinking about it makes me hungry. I took a few pictures there..but didn't want to bore you with too many.

While at Navy Pier, we also walked through a Stained Glass Museum. They were amazing! This was one of my favorite windows. It was called "Hollywood Angel."
Enjoy the rest of the pics! I will at least put a caption on them.

(A picture of Navy Pier.)

A building we walked by between our hotel & Navy Pier.

Who can resist a picture of a lighthouse?
...and a sailboat....
...and the Sears Tower.





No comments: