Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conference October 2009

Normally I am not able to attend any sessions of General Conference due to the fact that Chris always gets to work it. But this year, with Chris's parents visiting, we were able to get tickets for all of us to attend each conference session. I still only went to one on Saturday & Sunday since Christianna isn't old enough to attend it in the conference center.

Victoria has been going with her Uncle David since she was 8, so I was very excited for this chance to go with her. Christianna spent the first session with Chris in the Church security booth. She really enjoyed being in there with him & I bet she wouldn't mind doing it again next time around.
Here are his parents - George & Betsy Fairall. It was their first time attending Conference.
It is such a blessing to be able to hear and see our modern day living Prophet and our other church leaders. They help us stay on track and remember our Savior as we live in this crazy world.
One of the perks of Chris's assignment for conference is the special tours! He took us all down to where he was and showed us what he does. His parents were quite impressed. I can't tell you too much about it - since it is so top secret and your knowing could result in death. I will tell you this - you had better not ever pick your nose while in the conference center...or on the grounds outside for that matter...there is someone ALWAYS watching!



Heather & David outside.


Saturday night, while all the guys were at the Priesthood session, the ladies went out! We headed up to Centerville to check out Seagull Book & Roberts Craft. We made it in time for a drawing at Robert's right when we got there and my Mom won! We then headed back down to Seagull book and browsed around. I kept returning to Roberts every half hour & for the last 2 drawings, we were in there again. This is the funny thing...my mom told Betsy (Chris's mom) to stand by number 3, but she just told my mom to go to that one, maybe she would have better luck...(now, Betsy had been by this number for the first drawing & didn't win.) Well, #3 was picked again & my mom won another gift! Victoria was her lucky charm. It was a fun evening all together.
On Sunday we all attended the first session and for the first time in 7 years, Chris was actually able to go. Christianna spent the time with Heather until my parents picked her up.
My parents were also up for Conference weekend, but since we had his family visiting, they stayed in a hotel over night.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

No pics of mom and dad? What kind of daughter are you??

Pick your nose . . . hilarious! And I think Christianna needs a bigger Sunday bag. ;) Bwahahah