Friday, October 16, 2009

A sugar & pumpkin filled day!

To start off the family extravaganza - Grandpa made sure the kids had breakfast. What was on the menu? Fruit loops..a cereal, I might add, that I NEVER buy since I am a cereal snob. (Don't believe me, ask Heather.) Actually, I really try to make sure that the sugar content is low..the highest I go is 9 grams and that is Honey Nut Cheerios. I try to stick with 6 grams actually.

So, when I found out that they had not one, but two bowls of cereal...I just thought "Great!" But what are grandparents for? The spoilage of grand kids. Gotta love them!


Besides, the kids were pretty happy...and who wouldn't be all hopped up on sugar?
Chris was always willing to take care of Olivia. I think there is a special allure to someone else's baby, since you can hand them over if it gets to be too much. He even volunteered to change her diaper! I KNOW!!!


After breakfast, we all got ready and headed to the pumpkin patch. It was so much fun!
This is Emma, Dallas was tossing her into the air and I thought it looked pretty neat. It was such a gorgeous day.

Here are the cousins together - again, we are missing Alex in Texas. Without her, the cousins are NOT complete!
From left: Victoria, Ethan, Emma, Christianna and Rory
There were fun things to do there - this was one of them. I call it: "Knock over the funny Halloween men" game. Chris was watching over them trying to give them pointers. It is funny how he isn't patient with that - he kept trying to tell them the best way to do it instead of just letting them go. I couldn't help but laugh...inside.

See those funny little men?
"Uh...Ethan...that may not be the best an...gle..."




They had some farm animals there. So the kids enjoyed checking them out.

We were hoping that the kids wouldn't fall in with the pigs. We would have had a modern day Wizard of Oz moment.
I thought this goat/ram thing looked weird with the double horns.
I have never seen them coming out of the neck/face area before!
There were little wagons all over for the moving of pumpkins you were going to purchase - but they were used for rides instead. At least, that's what we used them for.
I would have figured that Victoria and Christianna would have been the ones pulling the younger ones....they actually took turns later on.
We then headed to the very fun corn maze. This was a first time for the entire Fairall family. I know, we are very sheltered. Dallas had his very strategic corn maze theory. As long as you always keep to the right of the path, you will make it out. He kept true to his theory and made it out. Chris, Jennie and I had no plan and just ran through and had fun and we made it out too - just before Dallas!


We waited at the exit for Grandma, Grandpa & Victoria to make it out..
So excited that we made it!





Two thumbs, way Way up!


This was too cute: We are thinking that Emma was tired from all that walking. She went over to the cash register area and picked up this chair and carried it all the way over to where we were all standing, set it down, and sat herself on it.

We ended up getting pumpkins for us...a green one, a white one and Christianna went with the regular orange type. Chris wasn't feeling the whole "pumpkin thing" this year. Oh well, his loss!

1 comment:

Jen H said...

someday I will post these pictures. Most likely I will have to re-read your blog to see what happened since it was so long ago.