Saturday, October 17, 2009

Halloween Party - no kids!

I have always dreamed of being able to go to an adult Halloween Party! SO imagine my excitement when Jennie tells us they are going to one & we are invited too! (One of these years, we are so going to host one.) Grandma & Grandpa stayed home with all 5 kids - Olivia came with us.
First, we had to get home from all our things, and with an hour until showtime - had to make dinner for the kids, make a dessert for the party, and get all dressed. There was going to be a costume contest as well as a treat contest and we WERE going to win that Blue Ribbon! PHEW!
Turns out we were an hour late. We could have been there a good 10 minutes earlier, but the invitation was lost and we drove through random areas trying to find the right house. THAT was lots of fun. So after many turns, Chris's elbow smashing into the giant cookie dessert, fighting off the urge to get car sick...we missed the voting entirely for EVERYTHING. I was seriously sad...'cause I felt Chris & I had some pretty good chances of a win.
Meet Professor Plum & Miss Scarlet. SO I am not looking so sultry sitting on that couch...but I was smokin!

Jennie was the Super Mom...or something like that. SO, pretty much, she came as herself. Dallas pulled out the ol' Ghostbusters costume and kept second guessing his choice all night.

We met a lot of very nice people from their ward that night. They were funny and friendly...and they brought good snacks...and...I remember NO ONES NAME!

So this is ???????

Papa Smurf & the pope, they are TIGHT...interesting huh?

Clark Kent & Lois Lane

Ummm....Cesar & his wife? (It was their house.)

Hey, I know him! Dallas!

And who is that?
ME - and I am mad that we didn't win either of the contests. GRRRRRRR
Now here is a familiar face! LISA!
Don't worry dear, I could never forget you. XOXO
I would have much rather seen you in that swan or duck costume though - another tragedy of being late.
Here we have some Hippies. Just if I could pull of tight one piece outfits like that and not send others screaming for the hills. sigh

Luckily we didn't miss Rock Band! This was the first time I braved it. It was a BLAST!
Chris was very hesitant, as he is with everything totally fun...(You should ask me about that one karaoke night where he was dancing on the furniture...I have pictures!) I personally loved singing and playing the drums. My hands were seriously getting cramps from the guitar playing!
What a great day!

1 comment:

Jen H said...

FYI: Ceaser adn his wife are Mandy's parents (You know, Rory's BFF) and it was not their house. It was actually the popes house. Just keepin it real sista! I still have not blogged about this. there goes super-mom status.