Thursday, January 1, 2009

A fairy garden Party

We finally had the friend birthday party on New Year's Day for Christianna. It came together really well & quickly. (I only officially invited the girls 2 days prior.) We started the party out with some craft time. All the girls made special fairy wands! It took a little time to help with 6 wands, but it was well worth it!

The next thing we did was have our little snack & then the cake. I would have waited to do the cake until closer to the end, but Christianna hadn't eaten lunch yet since we were having little sandwiches at her party. The poor thing was "starving" by 1:30.
(The doll cake is a frequent birthday request - we just decorate her skirt to match the theme.)
After all that, we moved downstairs for present opening & game time. They first played the beanbag toss game and they sure enjoyed that!
To keep it fresh, I pulled out the Hullabaloo game - you DEFINITELY NEED this game. This game has saved me from the angry mob of bored children on many occasions!! If you can just try to ignore my cackling laugh...I know it's hard...but try - it is so funny to me how most of then congregate on 1-2 pictures. They did that throughout the game. It reminded me of how little kids play soccer & they all follow the ball all over the field. You may also notice most of the girls chomping on some bubblegum. It was a gift from Ruby & I am so grateful that Christianna shared with EVERYONE!! (It made it less for her to sneak when I wasn't looking, since gum is normally an "out-of-the-house" item.)

As a parting gift, all the girls took home their wands and they each got a cute little fairy ornament. I had to feature it because it took a good amount of time to make the little buggers for everyone.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

Good job on the party sis. The little garden angels turned out really cute!