Sunday, January 11, 2009

The talks are OVER!!

Well, we all had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament Meeting today. It was a Fairall Family extravaganza! I didn't think that we would be called up to speak so early since Chris & I wrote interesting things on our "New Member - Get to know you sheet."
For example, I wrote: potion making & casting spells as talents I enjoy & Chris bragged about how he can throw a 300 pound guy to the ground like no body's business! Well it was no detour, we had callings within a week & talks a couple months later.
Anyway they had a youth speaker go first, followed by Christianna, Victoria, myself & then Chris.
As we waited, I observed the nervous habits that my family members have. Christianna kept burping! Seriously!! She was insisting that she couldn't help it, but she was pushing those things out. I know it. Chris has a bathroom issue, he even had to step out right after sacrament was passed while the youth speaker was up. I tend to get chills & nervously twitch my leg & shake while I also fight the urge to have to go to the bathroom. (To clarify, the bathroom trips are not for the purpose of getting sick...nerves make us both have to go-sorry if that grosses you out.) SO as we were all messed up, Victoria was as cool as a cucumber...sitting there like it was any other day.
Once up, we all did great. I was so proud and impressed with the girls! I am so hoping that we are good for giving talks now for at least a year or so. It is not the most fun thing on my list of "To Do's." At least my hair looked cute because apparently, my layered shirts were up a little in the back & you could see the top of my nylons peeking out! So how great for our new Bishopric to know me just a little bit better than I had intended. YES!!

1 comment:

Jen H said...

Nice! Don't you paint a lovely picture of Sunday elegance. :)