Friday, January 9, 2009

Reflections 2008-2009

Well, today, the fruits of all my Reflections labors came to pass. This school year, I was nominated as the Reflections Chair. I started out REALLY excited to do it...I did enter into the program when I was in school, but then it turned truly difficult as we moved suddenly into a house & had the holidays fast approach. You see, most of the hard work was about the same timeline as moving, Thanksgiving & after New Years. YIKES! (For those who do not know what Reflections is...it is a PTA program that gives children the opportunity to do things in the arts and compete against their peers. They have various categories: visual arts, photography, literature, music, dance, theater performance.) 5 entries out of every category were submitted and sent to the next level of judging...still haven't heard anything about them.
There was alot of work that went into it & without the help of a few AWESOME people, it never would have gotten done! Thanks a million Laurie, Lillian & Cindy!!
Even though I was going to be out of town, I scheduled the awards ceremony for Friday during a current assembly. Victoria received a trophy for taking 2nd place for photography!

This is what she submitted...and before you even think it - I was NOT one of the judges.

I wanted to post a picture of all the wonderful winners because they were all fantastic...but I figured it would not be a wise idea. Who knows, there could be various things going on that some one may find out...like there could be a child who is in witness protection & I could blow their cover!!! Now, I do not want to cause any trouble....at least not today..he, he.

1 comment:

francine said...

Way to go Victoria. Keep us posted on teh progres