Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

Goodbye 2008...and my toothbrush...and HELLO 2009!!!

Weird beginning, don't you think??? Well, I will explain. It started out harmlessly enough - we went across the street about 5-ish for a little dinner party open house thing. We were there for less than an hour & a half. We had some terrific soup and fantastic bread!! (I am all about the food, people.)
Chris thought it would be a good "test" to let Minnie free roam throughout the house since we would be leaving for a longer period of time later on. When we came back, we couldn't find her anywhere....until we went downstairs to find her butt locked in my OFFICE!!! The door tends to swing shut after it is opened. She tore it apart! I was fuming - that door should have been shut tight. She also tore up the carpet trying to get out - NICE. Finally - I went upstairs, where she apparently began her destructive tirade, and discovered my new clothing item with holes torn/missing from it and my toothbrush laying on the floor. It is seriously missing a good inch & a half from the bottom! WHAT THE HECK??? (I do have to give her a little credit - she was able to get my toothbrush out of the cup holder without dropping that or disturbing anything else in it!)

(Nice chomp marks, wouldn't you say?)

Needless to say, when we left for our evening party, she was shut in our bedroom. We have discovered that she behaves better in there & doesn't normally destroy anything when she can't escape.

We went to visit Keith & Kaye Lani for their annual New Year's bash. We had a great time! I spent a good hour making decoration flags for Christianna's birthday party - which was the next day. (I would have baked her cake too, but I forgot to bring the mix.) Mostly everyone played Guitar Hero for most of the night. Here is Victoria taking a shot at it - she was pretty good! (By the way, she has worn that jersey practically everyday since she got it for Christmas, except when it is in the wash!)

It was pretty funny when the time came to turn of the game & watch the ball drop. They couldn't figure out how to switch it over - or it wasn't working right - who knows? They were messing around over by the TV when suddenly Keith looked at his watch & started the 10 second countdown! FUNNY! We then partied more, which consisted of tons of kids constantly blowing those horn things and the merry drinking of the sparkling bubbly...oh, and don't foget the endless counter filled with more yummy food!

Any resolutions?...you might ask. Well, to be honest with you, I hadn't really thought much about it. Normally resolutions just fail for me anyway. But I constantly make the goal to be healthier everyday, succeed in my Pampered Chef business, and improve my relationship with my husband & my girls. If you ask me, I think that is a full plate.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

Jen H said...

I love that whenever Victoria knows there is a camera out it is instant posing!! Too funny!

Happy New Year Sis!!