Friday, May 1, 2009

BYU Women's Conference

Welcome!
The purpose of having my sister from Reno, Becky from Ohio, my Mom from Cedar City, my Grandmother from New York, and myself from Salt Lake (what a drive for me huh?) was to attend the Conference in Provo. This was the first time attending for all of us. We decided to make it a weekend and to also celebrate Jennie's big 30th birthday. Happy Birthday Sis!! It was fantastic! Time with the ladies and absolutely NO KIDDIES!
It was April 30th-May 1st. The classes were all so wonderful and I really came back with some great ideas and a definitely needed spiritual boost...as it were.
Here are some photo highlights - granted there are not nearly as many as that IKEA post...but we had to take most of our time there seriously. Please note - the "most" of our time...there was still fun to be had!
We had some ladies in front of us take this group shot....
Then, we had to decide which one we liked best from the various cameras!
I was so excited to be able to meet up with Ganine & Janene. Ganine is a long time friend from when we resided in the "Hood" of South Salt Lake. She is trying to sell their beautifully charming townhome so she can move closer to me! HA! And Janene is her friend whom I am getting to know better little by little. It sure was great to see you both!

Grandma took this one of all of us together for the very last session. We heard Elder Perry speak and it was wonderful! He talked about how we need to talk with others about our faith & he even had a video clip of what others thought about the "mormons." Did you know that we can't eat chocolate??? Well someone thought so...it is not true...that would be seriously a tragic thing!! (Right Jennie?) When that chocolate comment was said, the entire room laughed! I am seriously having such a hard time imagining where in the world that even came from!

This I just found IRONIC. Guess what they sold here....oohhh, yeahhh:

Candy Coated APPLES!

They also had a really fun area that focused on different service ideas. I got many fun ideas for upcoming Family Home Evenings! To be honest, I mainly went so I could say hello to a friend that had a booth there about Family Traditions. But I was so glad that I went and checked it all out. Now this lady was great! She was "Super Excited" about Food Storage! It made ME also SUPER excited! Are YOU super excited too???

Don't you love her cape?? I want one!!!

3 comments:

francine said...

great job summing up the weeek end. I spent the morning catching up on teh weeks preceeding conference so I need to do the provo salt lake pics later when mom takes her nap. So we can spennd time together.

Valerie said...

That all looks so fun. I love women's conference.

Becky said...

Those days were soo fun! You know how to blog! and my pics are lowsy compared to the ones you got!...of course i am in wayyy too many of yours!