Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's all about...

CHRIS!!!




All right - Chris was a very lucky guy this year - he had 2 birthday celebrations. Well, to be honest, the one was kinda forced and even though he said not to...he secretly liked it! Confused? I'll explain!

This year his 33rd birthday was the same day as PTA conference. I talked him into taking off work and coming down with us to Provo for it. After all the classes on Thursday, we headed off for dinner at The Outback Steakhouse. Yummers!



Now, he was eyeing me all night! He knew that I was going to try something. He kept warning me: "Don't do it. Don't even THINK about doing it." Luckily, I had to get my "evil minions" (aka: my friends Jessica & Susie) to talk with the staff to see what fun they do for birthdays. This is what he said he didn't want...he, he. In the end, I prevailed & our whole group was able to sing "Happy Birthday" to him! For surviving his major embarrassment, he got a yummy fudge covered sundae...and it was HUGE!


We then had a birthday dinner at home with the girls on Sunday. They each made him special daughter gifts. And after a lot of glitter on my office floor....we had these for Dad:







Now....I would like to share a few things about Chris. Things that I just love about him!

1. He is actually a pretty funny guy! Not too serious all the time...

2. His eyes crinkle when he really laughs hard or just has a genuine smile.

3. Even though he is slow to admit it, he has embraced his destiny: A life with all girls! (Come on, he even got a female dog!)

4. All the things that I would like to share...but would be deemed "inappropriate"...all fall under this one. I will only say this, "Hubba Hubba!"

5. When he gets inspired to cook a new dish. Bring on the Moo Shoo Pork!!!

6. He is a great father and husband and I love him so very much.

Happy Birthday Sweetie!!!

2 comments:

Jen H said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Uncle Chris!! Happy Birthdya to you!!

Now pretend that we actually remembered to call you three weeks ago and sang this to you. :)

francine said...

Happy Birthday Chris.