Saturday, May 2, 2009

Conference Hotel FUN!

Uuuuummmmmm - - where to begin? We stayed way down in Payson! It was at least a 20 minute drive to get back and forth the BYU campus. This was the only hotel remotely close that actually had rooms available...or so Mom said...just kidding!
So after our crazy dinner we all went back for some relaxing. (Yeah, I didn't believe it either when I typed it.) After we smuggled a cot in the room for me to sleep on, Becky convinced (coerced) me to go with her to soak in the hot tub. We had a smashing time & that sucker was so stinking HOT!!! We met a very friendly family from Delta who was there for a Track and Field competition at BYU that weekend. After we had practially melted, we headed back to the room.

Becky looks like she is putting a little "Charlie's Angels" flair into the mix. Either that or she is singing...who knows with her, really. Personally I will go with the first.
This is really funny...as Jennie, Becky & I were chatting while we waited for Mom to get ready for bed, we happened to look over to where Grandma was sleeping and saw this:
That bump is Grandma! She was actually under the comforter saying her prayers! It was so cute. We quieted down for her and had to take a picture - of course!
The night didn't end there...the rest of us stayed up way too late and played Scattergories. At one point Grandma rolled over and asked us, "What time are you getting up tomorrow?" Which translated into, "When in the WORLD are you going to bed because we have to get up early tomorrow!"

Quick shot of Becky - man, that girl is BLIND! She had to be so close to her contacts case to even see what she was doing. I thought I was blind!


Well, the late night partying seriously took its toll. I was so tired the next morning. At some point in the wee hours, we all heard a major continuous thudding sound in the bathtub. My mom said she was trying really hard to be quiet, not too sure about that. She took the cooler in there to empty out some of the extra water. Her coolir is lacking a spout so she was holding it over the tub when all of a sudden about 10 little bottles of Gateraid fell out! Thud, thud, thud-thud, thud...By the time 6:30 came around I finally rolled my big butt off of the cot. I was very tempted to stay longer and just show up a couple hours late. But I didn't! I had to visit Dr. Pepper for a little wake-up juice and then my day was great!




1 comment:

Frehner Family said...

wow girl. you've been busy. looks like fun though. nice to Ganine too. here's to the hood woot woot!