Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Trip

Well...it's Motor School time for Chris - so the GIRLS all headed down to Cedar City!

The ride down seemed to take FOREVER. There were about 5 of these trucks carrying major WIDE LOADS. Traffic kept getting really slow & backed up.

The girls are such great travelers! Christianna really wasn't sleeping in this one & I can hardly believe how prominent the bruises are on her shins! She injures herself about as much as I trip over my own feet. Guess the apple didn't fall far from that tree, huh?

It took me about 7 tries to get this one of Victoria. Don't worry everyone. I was safe as I took pictures, while cruising down the highway at 75 miles per hour. It's really a wonder that I even got 2 good enough to post. I had about 5 pictures of Victoria's legs until I could figure out the angle I needed without looking behind me.

We enjoyed the time with Grandma & Grandpa. On Sunday, we had a lovely washer fire and made S'mores. (The fire was built in an old washing machine drum! I thought it was funny, but it was actually great. The wind was insane and it really helped it to stay contained.) We invited their neighbors to join us as our girls had been at their house playing with their kids on the zip line.

(These two actually looked like little homeless girls. Awwww.... The breeze was really chilly.)


This sweet picture was taken a little before she threw up! I just don't get it! My kids can not hold their sugar. Last night, Victoria woke up at 1:00 am throwing up, ralphing, retching, barking at the carpet, and heaving (Mom, I didn't use "puking" because you don't like it)...I was up with her until about 1:45 AM. Luckily Christianna just got it all out of her system before bed and slept through the night without incident. (The same thing happened the last time we went to their house. Will these spoiling grandparents ever learn???)

So even though there was lost sleep, as well as meals and treats....it was a fun trip to the Grandparent's house!

2 comments:

Jen H said...

There is another solution to the whole 'emptying of the belly contents' issue: just start sugaring them up in preparation for any trip to grandma's house.

francine said...

I think Jen's idea is one worth trying out say on the 5th 6th and 7th of July He,he he.