Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Victoria!!

Well...our oldest turned 9! I can hardly believe that we HAVE a 9 year old! In only 7 years she will be able to drive and (gasp) date. Keep breathing Nicole...you do have six years...but man, do they go by fast. As per tradition, we take out baby books. We look through them and remember the fun stories. I can see how much she has changed and grown into the beautiful young girl she is! I wanted to share with a few of those glimpses with you.

All ready to come home for the first time.
She has ALWAYS had spunk!

And attitude - all her own!

Victoria has always loved having her pictures taken. It's a good thing too since I practically have one permanently attached.

Oh, how we miss those cute curls. Once we cut her hair, the ringlets at the bottom never came back. Hopefully they will sometime!

This is her Kindergarten picture. Our first one in school. I had a hard time when she started, but she had no problems whatsoever!
Kindergarten program at the end of the year. (I have also noticed that her hair grows really fast.)

Funny faces!
Chris loves doing this to the girls hair. They like it too!


Pensive girl - she can be serious.


The day she was baptized.

Just this last year with her friend. She is such a caring girl and wants to be everyone's friend.

This was taken a couple weeks ago.
Victoria has been such a blessing in our family. She takes the family role of "big sister" well...sometimes a little too well. At times she needs to reminded that her role isn't "mother." She is totally boy crazy! If I was to ask her who she likes...the list would definitely be over 10 names. She loves to ride her bike and play with her friends.
She loves being outside - so my girl! Riding motorcycles with Dad is the BEST! She is a sensitive and caring girl and a good example to her sister - when she isn't trying to be sneaky and mischievous. I guess it just makes her more well-rounded? Pre-teen attitude has just started to rear it's ugly head. If it doesn't get any worse than that, it would be awesome! (I can hope, right?)
Happy Birthday Sweetie! We are so lucky to have you!!

2 comments:

Jen H said...

Ah the joys of being a 'tween'. Which BTW I find a very strange term but I guess it fits since kids have some pretty strange moments during that time.

Anyway, I love the pictoral trip down memory lane of her cuteness! I like the last one with all her cute little freckles.

Happy Birthday Victoria!! We love you so much!

francine said...

How neat that our oldest grandchild is nine. the trip down memory lane was great. We are so proud of the great example you are we love you Happy birthday Victoria we love you grandma and grandpa L