Sunday, June 1, 2008

A goat????

Oh my gosh! The funniest thing happened on the way to dinner tonight! I wish I had a picture of this! ok...I was in the car with 3 other ladies, on our way to meet our hubbies for dinner with those in motor school. We were traveling north on I-15 and traffic was a little heavy in one area. We figured that it was because of the constant state of construction that is taking over Utah highways. But, were we wrong!

As we were crawling down the road, we seriously saw a little goat on the left side of us, running against traffic! He went right by our car and weaved back and forth between cars behind us! No one could get their camera out in time - Mel tried valiantly to get a shot, but was hindered by the small space available through the back window (you've got to love those child proof windows that roll down about half way.. again, that also would have been a great pic - her trying to hang out of it to get a picture of a goat on the loose!)

It was seriously the funniest thing. Then when we reached the location for dinner, we talked with another wife of a motor hopeful. She had also come through that same traffic mess, but what she saw was this: a lady running down the right side of the freeway with a rope in her hands. With our stories together, most of the big picture was there. Clearly this woman lost her little goat & didn't know where to find him....just somewhere on I-15 heading south in the northbound traffic lanes. I guess we'll never know what happened to that little goat, but I sure hope she found him!

2 comments:

M. M. C. C. said...

you took the words right out of my mouth. which is why when you visit my page, you will see this EXACT same post. ha ha : ) it was a great beginning of the night with beautiful "falliage".

Jen H said...

That is the funniest story ever!