Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Catching Up - part 1

As alot of you know, we had family visiting for 10 days because of Victoria's baptism. Everyone left Sunday leaving things relatively quiet and a little sad too. While Chris's family was here, we filled our days with fun & sometimes exhausting activities, I fell a bit behind on things that I wanted to share. So for the next couple days, I will try to catch you all up.


So last Saturday was such a busy one - more for me than anyone else. I started my day of with about a solo 2 hour drive south to a little place called Scipio. My best friend was getting re-married and I really wanted to be there. It is kinda fun driving all alone. You can turn up the tunes & sing at the top of your lungs - with no reservations. LOVE THAT! It was a beautiful little ceremony with mainly family members. After the luncheon, I headed back home. I then met up with everyone and we went down to the Gateway mall for the rest of the day. First we went into Dick's sporting goods and climbed the rock wall in there. I didn't this time since I was wearing this cute little outfit, skirts are not the best to climb in for many reasons - so I was the photographer. Shocker, right? So, Uncle David went first, followed by Christianna, Victoria & Chris, and then Grandpa.

Christianna didn't make it up too far, she "claimed" she was scared. But it was her first time - so she did awesome.

Victoria & Chris started at the same time. Victoria made it all the way to the top...Chris didn't - in his defense, he took a more difficult section than Victoria had.


Don't you love the difference between Chris & Victoria here? I thought it was funny since they started at the same time!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

That looks mad high! I can't believe how courageous she is to climb all the way up there!

Love the new site changes! The colors are very pretty!

M. M. C. C. said...

aren't you so sad though that you missed another dinner at Tucano's : )
he he he. . .

Jen H said...

Good photos. Thanks for catching us up.