Thursday, June 19, 2008

Catching Up : Part 2

Continuing the story from last Saturday, after we did the rock wall climbing we decided to just walk around the Gateway. There was some kind of event going on there that day so we went by various booths, and listened to some performing groups. But the highlight of it all for me was the chalk drawings! They were beautiful. They had so many drawn on the road stretching the entire length of the road at the Gateway. Since it is hard to even describe them, I am posting some of my favorites.

This one was so awesome! It was sponsered by an adoption group.

This looks so real! Like you are really looking down into a hole in the sidewalk. There were a few like these throughout the displays. But this was my favorite 3-D one. It was drawn by Steven Platt.

And, this one was just interesting. Plus, the details were amazing!

I hope you enjoyed all those! They definately were more amazing in person, but you get the idea. When I see things like this, it really makes me want to get back into the arts & start drawing again. I have been thinking about it alot lately and even purchased some new materials to do so. Who knows, maybe I will be posting some originals in the near future?

No comments: