Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday


The dresses were finished Saturday at 10:30 AM. That, right there, is a major accomplishment for me - the MOST PROCRASTINATING PERSON AROUND! I had started them earlier that week and came upon a hiccup in the matrix when I realized I needed a tiny bit of purple thread to finish Christianna's sleeves. (I had been using white since the other seams wouldn't show.) I called everyone I could think of that sewed & was not able to find the matching purple color. I finally broke down Friday night to pick some up while Chris and I were out on a date.
Easter dress making is kind of a tradition in our family. My mom always made us dresses & it is something I have also done each year. Jennie - my sister made incredible dresses for her little girls...layers & frills. I am more the simpler-type of dress maker. Even though I can sew a mean zipper into a dress or skirt, I decided to go with a simpler pattern this time.

We couldn't forget pictures with Uncle David - which has also turned into an Easter tradition for us!

3 comments:

Jen H said...

They turned out lovely. Unlike you, I wasn't able to finish the dresses until 1:15am Sunday morning -- I know, I know. It was worth it for all the frills though. Next year I will have to start earlier (since I will have 3 to do vs just 2) and poss go with a few less layers and gathers.

kimber said...

Very cute dresses!

francine said...

The girls look so grown up and the dresses are great.