Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Strawberry Jelly

Today I lost my canning virginity. I mean, I had "helped" my mom when she canned. ("Helped" being a very loose word.) So I never did it on my own.


I had a fridge of strawberries and I decided to not let them go to waste, plus - we are dangerously low on strawberry jelly right now. With how often we make strawberry & peanut butter sandwiches in this house, that is dangerously close to a nuclear meltdown!


Christianna started out helping me and then started taking pictures again...sorry, no dog nose close-ups this time!



My flexible silicon funnels really came in handy! I hardly made a mess. THAT is truly a remarkable thing for me. AND the small mess I did make is actually already cleaned up & all the dishes have been washed! YAY ME!

Yummy....



Now we just have to wait until it cools completely for a day to try out my latest experiment! Maybe I will really get industrious and make some fresh baked bread to slather it on??

3 comments:

lys said...

Anytime you want to make more jam, give me a call. I love jam-making!!!! So fun!

Jen H said...

Too funny that I made strawberry jam too this week (a day or so after you). I have not tried canning without mom either. I copped out and just made freezer jam. It is super yummy though and my kids will finally eat jelly! yipee

Becky said...

you go girl! keep it up!