Saturday, April 11, 2009

Resurrection Cookies

This activity couldn't have turned out better had it been planned! We were invited to go to our neighbors house to make Resurrection Cookies. (Funny, actually...I was talking with Heather earlier that day and found out that we were both planning on doing the same activity...but I hadn't looked at the needed ingredients yet...I needed pecans! So she invited us to join them.) We showed up at 6:30 with a cookie sheet and parchment paper...my contribution. Yay me!


As soon as I walked in the door, I realized my lack of camera. And boy! I should have ran back just then to get it! As we got to the part where you mix the egg whites up until they are fluffy, each of the kids took a turn with the hand mixer. As it got to the very end...Bret's turn...the cord wasn't long enough...it totally tipped over, beaters blazing! White marshmellowy-type stuff shot everywhere! Clothes - floor - maybe even the ceiling! It was great. If it wasn't for Heather's quick reflexes, since everyone else just backed away, there may not have been any left in the bowl!

(You can barely see the remaining evidence on the front of the kids shirts...Heather had already taken off her very much caked sweater.)

You may be asking yourselves, "How did the pictures come about?" Well, I had to take bread out of our oven mid-lesson, so I grabbed the camera quick so I had some pictures. And when I set it down on the counter at their house...there was their camera right there all along!



1 comment:

Jen H said...

We never made those cookies this year. I planned on it but it never panned out. Hopefully I can get it together next year to do it with them.