Saturday, April 18, 2009

The last Spring Fling

Apparently every year, the Young Women in our ward have a Spring Fling fundraiser for summer girls' camp. This one marked the very last one. We had a fabulous time, a night with the stars...or so it was supposed to be. We had fun stand-ups and this was Christianna's favorite! This is why she dressed up like a witch.There were a few different EVENTS: a cake auction. There were so many cakes! This one was the one I made. A very yummy rum cake with fresh strawberries & homemade whipped topping. It was kinda funny - someone said to one of the Young Women - "Who brings a rum cake to a Mormon gathering?" Are you kidding me? Have you ever TRIED my rum cake - it is super fantastic! Besides, it wasn't like I was swigging it back as I was baking. I used extract. Geez!

These were 2 other homemade cakes that were simply awesome:
The TANK

The Mayan Village



The other highlight of the evening was our Bishop saying "Goodbye" to his mustache. There was a donation jar and if it reached $50, he would shave it off. Turns out, he has had a mustache since 1980! None of their kids have seen him without one!
Of course, that jar got 50 in it.

So long, farewell!

We had such a fun evening. Then, as we got home...Christianna reminded me that she had a talk in Primary the next morning & I remembered that I still hadn't finalized the lesson I had to do in Young Women's! Well, I should have prepared it then...but I came home and CRASHED!! So is another day in the life of Nicole Fairall.

2 comments:

Jen H said...

Who brings RUM cake to a MORMON gathering?? I mean really?

PS did you save me any??

Nicole said...

No - but maybe we can make it when you are here next week!